nv-l

what kind of things are you doing for monitoring traffic?

2000-01-28 10:00:50
Subject: what kind of things are you doing for monitoring traffic?
From: Matt Ashfield <mda AT UNB DOT CA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:00:50 -0400
Hi All,

Just a general "wondering" type of question. What type of things are people
on this list doing in terms of monitoring their traffic using Netview or
Nways? I assume there's people out there using the Data Collection &
thresholds option for monitoring router and switch interfaces? Checking for
errors, traffic thresholds etc?
Might be good for us to exchange different ways we're attacking this!
And if anyone has found a way to measure statistics on the individual
circuits defined within an ATM interface, please let me know!

Cheers

Matt Ashfield
Computing Services
University of New Brunswick