nv-l

Re: xnmloadmib and xnmloadmib2 question

2000-01-21 07:41:51
Subject: Re: xnmloadmib and xnmloadmib2 question
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:41:51 -0500
Since SNMP V2 is a superset of SNMP V1, then of course you can load V1 MIBs with
the V2 loader.
But in NetView only the V1 Browser is fully integrated with the rest of the
product.  If you select the MIB Browser from the  snmpCollect dialog, or from
the Ruleset editor, you will get the V1 browser, since these two parts of the
product have not been completely updated to handle all the V2 constructs.  So
until that happens you will need both loaders and browsers.
Most vendors will supply V1 copies of the V2 MIBS if you find that you need them
for these other parts of NetView.   As I said in my append yesterday on 3Com
MIBS however, some vendors are still complaining about this, though it has
always been so.

Development is aware of the SNMP V2 deficiencies in NetView and will be
addressing these in a future release.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers AT HITT DOT NL> on 01/21/2000 07:17:00 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>