nv-l

Re: Netview AIX Hardware/Software Req.

2000-01-20 23:13:45
Subject: Re: Netview AIX Hardware/Software Req.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:13:45 -0500
Debbie, can you clarify what you mean by mapped nodes vs event nodes?
Those are not terms I am familiar with.

Examples might help. This week I am working with a customer who has a 43P
model 140 with 256MB memory, and about 30 large switches and routers,  some
other managed single-interface stuff, and lots of unmanaged end nodes
(workstations
and printers, etc) for a total of about 9000 objects in the database
(ovobjprint -S).
It runs great with 3 maps up. If there were 9000 objects in the database
and they
were all managed things, I would want to see an F50 dual processor, 332Mhz
each,
with 1GB of memory.

The install manual has a formula for calculating memory requirements, but
that won't help you pick a processor.  Between 8/98 and 6/99 there were
several
appends on this listserver giving examples of what people are using. Look
for words like processor, sizing, and performance. How to search: