nv-l

Re: NetView V6

2000-01-19 16:47:03
Subject: Re: NetView V6
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:47:03 -0500
It will not matter whether you have installed 5.1.2 when you migrate to V6.  The
migration will work in any case, and you will not have to de-install the old
product as you did when going from V4 to V5 or V5 to V5.1.  The installation
process has been greatly simplified in this regard.  That much I can tell you.
There is no reason I can think of to delay a 5.1.2 migration just because you
are considering V6.   Version 5.1.2, assuming you already have 5.1, can be
applied in less than an hour.

As for Ciscoworks 2000, I don't know what Cisco will say about supporting it,
but nothing we have done on our end will break them.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM> on 01/19/2000 01:27:23 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>