nv-l

node down ruleset not paging.

2000-01-17 21:27:46
Subject: node down ruleset not paging.
From: "Boulieris, Arthur" <Arthur.Boulieris AT NZ.UNISYS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:27:46 -0500
hello,
I have been following the thread on node down node up and decided to
implement it.
My current implementation is an action from the trap configuration which
looks like /usr/OV/bin/nvpage 1234@Carrier $3 $2.This works fine only get
too many pages that arent real outages.
I then decided to try my luck at correlating an event.

I have an event stream pass by default.It goes to two trap settings,node
down and node up then to a reset on match.The reset is hostname on slot
1(node down) equals hostname on slot 2 (node up).My poll interval is 5
minutes so my reset time 7 minutes.

then I want a page.I have tried configuring an action using the same as
above which works fine for the trap,it doesnt however work for the rule.I
made sure the ruleset was in /usr/OV/conf/ESE.automation ,stopped and
started all daemons.

I then set up an administrator and tried using the pager node .I had the
operator and the message was $3 $2.This too didnt work.The end of the rule
has a forward node.

If I set up an event window in control desk it appears that the rule works,
the node down is only displayed after 7 minutes if a node up hasnt
happened.It would appear that the problem is paging
Im running netview 5.1.2 on solaris 2.6.

What am I doing wrong here,all seems too easy but it dont work????

thanks ab

    Arthur Boulieris
    Implementation & Support
    Systems Management
 <<...>>

------
Attachments are virus free!

This message has been scanned for viruses at the originating end by
Nemx Anti-Virus for MS Exchange Server/IMC
        http://www.nemx.com/products/antivirus