nv-l

Re: NetView GUI hangs while closing

2000-01-14 14:25:07
Subject: Re: NetView GUI hangs while closing
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc AT ibm DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:25:07 -0500
There may be a clue in your append below, where you say there are
similar delays when creating a new map or opening a different map.

You may have a sizing/resource issue.  There are some sizing guidelines
in the NetView documentation that might point you to the source of the
problem.

How many maps do you have, how many concurrent users, how many objects
are in your database, how big is ovwdb cache, and how much memory and
paging space is on the server?  And what kind of machine is it, and are
there other network management applications running that may be using
resources?

If you collect all this info and match it up with the sizing
recommendations, it might help solve your problem.

Could be something else entirely, but it's a place to start.

Hope this helps,
Jim Kellock.