nv-l

Re: Mibs

2000-01-10 21:27:31
Subject: Re: Mibs
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:27:31 -0500
I looked through those mib files and only saw one trap definition, at the
bottom of the seh-p2.mib. So running mib2trap won't help. The IBM devices
don't generally have their traps defined in the mibs. Those definitions are
installed for you, however, if you install Nways Manager for AIX.  Without
that, you will need to check the hardware manuals and enter the definitions
using the gui, or the addtrap command.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Krebeck Maria <Maria_Krebeck AT WUH-LENGERICH DOT DE>@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on
01/10/2000 10:39:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>