nv-l

Re: stupid question

2000-01-07 12:48:43
Subject: Re: stupid question
From: Steve Francis <steve.francis AT COMMSERV.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:48:43 -0800
In the reset on match node (which I use to cancel the page if the interface
comes up within 30 seconds - on the interface down page I also launch a ping of
the interface for 30 seconds, one ping every 2 seconds) I compare attributes 2
(the node name) and 4.1 (the ip address of the interface in question) to see if
they are equal.  Same thing in the pass on match node which correlates
interface up pages to only those that exceeded the 30 seconds down limit.
 This makes sure the up/down traps are related for the interface, not just the
node.