nv-l

Re: problem with security, snmpget (was nothing)

2000-01-06 17:33:58
Subject: Re: problem with security, snmpget (was nothing)
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:33:58 -0500
If you are not at 5.1.2, you should be. There were a few fixes to security
in it.

If you want to do snmpgets from scripts and don't want to be bothered with
security, you can use the unsecured versions of the snmp commands found
(I believe) in /usr/OV/security.

I would suggest calling Support, unless anyone else has an idea.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Kovacs Gabor <qgethali AT SILVER.UNI-MISKOLC DOT HU>@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on
01/06/2000 05:14:59 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>