nv-l

Re: Problem w/rulesets

1999-12-29 14:32:52
Subject: Re: Problem w/rulesets
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:32:52 -0500

Bob -

I don't see anything which would prevent this from working, though I think all
your in-line actions should be actions.  There is no reason to tie up nvcorrd
with sending emails and calling your telalert pager software when actionsvr
itself will do it better (actionsvr spawns a new process for each action so they
execute as nearly simultaneously as possible while in-line actions are done
serially by nvcorrd, which can slow down all of event processing).    I take it
this ruleset is included in the ESE.automation file and that's why you recycled
actionsvr.

More likely you haven't got any Network Critical events to drive this yet,
But you can trace the execution if you like.  Issue nvcdebug -d all    and then
go look in the /usr/OV/log/nvcorrd.alog and .blog  and you can see the trace of
the ruleset being executed.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sandoval, Bob" <Bob.Sandoval AT LATIMES DOT COM> on 12/29/99 01:14:48 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>