nv-l

Re: Models duplicated

1999-12-28 11:49:44
Subject: Re: Models duplicated
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:49:44 -0500
On re-reading the problem description, it occurred to me that you may
just be unclear about how many symbols there are supposed to be for
a given node. Routers will appear in the IP Internet submap, then again
inside one or more Network submaps, and inside the Segment submaps
as well. It may be that a router is getting deleted and rediscovered, and
you notice it when it re-appears on the IP Internet submap. This delete
and add (accompanied by events in the events display), by the way,
is also a symptom of poor name resolution. There is a discussion of this
in the Diagnostics manual.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Marcos,

When I have an new object discovered that is in fact a duplicate of an
existing
object, I always check the subnetwork mask of the object. In our
environment
this is usually the cause. If a device gets setup with the wrong mask,
anomilies
show up in NetView in the areas of map placement and re-discovery.

I do have one router that continually re-discovers as a duplicate resource.
All
the masks are set correctly, so this is not always the problem. I plan to
open a
problem with support when I get a chance.

Hope this helps,

Dean Grant
Ahold Information Services

Marcos Pezzutti <pezzutti AT BANESPA.COM DOT BR> on 12/28/99 11:26:34 AM

NetView
      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>