nv-l

Could not open requested map

1999-12-21 12:36:57
Subject: Could not open requested map
From: Bertram Chang <bertram.chang AT BMO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:36:57 -0500
Hi,

We have NetView Server & Client Server, both installed on RS/6000 AIX.

Here is the message we get when we try to run Netview on the client, under
the "codnv" id:

Could not open requested map
Ensure validity of map by trying: mapadmin -l
If map is invalid, remove with: mapadmin -r
Trying to open map "default"

We looking at the file permissions yesterday and that doesn't seem to be
the problem.  Perhaps it has something to do with the client set-up. Using
the root id is OK.

Does anybody knows what's wrong with that?

Bert