nv-l

Re: Netview for Unix 5.0..

1999-12-17 00:45:26
Subject: Re: Netview for Unix 5.0..
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 00:45:26 -0500
The trapd daemon is unable to start because port 162 (probably)
is in use by some other process. If trapd won't start, probably not
much else will start either (check with ovstatus). Has this ever worked?

Something else is running on the box that has taken that port.  Are there
any other network management applications running on this box?  You
can change the port that trapd uses, if necessary, using the Tivoli context
menu where all of the daemon configuration is done. Check which ports
are in use with netstat -a.

Is this a new install? If so, you should be using 5.1 plus the update
5.1.2, since you have to de-install 5.0 to install 5.1, which includes
a lot of fixes that you will want shortly.

Also, tell us what Unix you are using.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

hi,

I am new to netview...

We noticed this peculiar behaviour with Netview 5.0 for Unix on our test
machine....

Whenever we stop / start netview by using

./ovstop

./ovstart

we get the following error :

object manager ame: trapd
behaviour : OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state: NOT_RUNNING
PID: 46020
last message : UDP socket is already in use.
Exit status: exit(1)

Any pointers......pls ?

thanks.....