nv-l

NFS Mounting Map for Clients

1999-12-13 12:03:15
Subject: NFS Mounting Map for Clients
From: "Rodighiero, Lisa" <lrodig AT VISA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:03:15 -0800
Greetings to the Netview users community!

I will be migrating to NV 5.1 on AIX 4.3, and have a requirement to
retain management of the map at the server, allowing the client to only do
monitoring and not have to worry about maintaining the map.  We have several
3rd party apps (Cabletron SPMA, Network Associates SniffMaster for X, etc)
running on the server.  From the Admin Guide, it sounds like those apps
would not work over the web interface.  Is this true?  Is it truly just a
scaled-down, Netview-only interface?  If so, I believe my only recourse is
to NFS mount the map at the server, and export to the clients.  Are there
any procedures on how to do this?  I am familiar with the NFS mount
procedure, but not so sure how to ensure that Netview knows how to find the
remotely-mounted map.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

        ...Lisa