nv-l

Re: 2 Network interfaces

1999-12-13 10:10:32
Subject: Re: 2 Network interfaces
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:10:32 -0500
You do not control on your box which interface other agents use to send you
traps.  They have to be configured to use one interface or the other.  So your
routers and other devices which are configured to send traps to NetView have to
be set up that way to start or chnaged now that you have a new interface.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Maria Krebeck <Maria_Krebeck AT WUH-LENGERICH DOT DE> on 12/13/99 09:46:58 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>