nv-l

Re: Date/Time information

1999-12-12 16:03:16
Subject: Re: Date/Time information
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:03:16 -0500
In 5.1.2 $T in NetView for UNIX and NetView for NT are exactly the same.  The
UNIX code was ported to NT. This was fixed by APAR.  For NetView traps the $T
value approximates the amount of time since netmon (or whichever daemon is
sending the trap and netmon sends over 90% of them) became active.  It is in
reality the difference between when he sent his first trap and now.  And since
the first thing netmon does is to send a trap, this is as accurate as it gets.
Prior to 5.1.2, the value in the NT code was just a dummy value of "1".

If you cannot or will not put on 5.1.2, then you will have to decide how best to
approximate your own start interval.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Domenico Conia <domenico_conia AT IT.IBM DOT COM> on 12/12/99 04:28:20 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>