Re: double entries in SMIT
No need to work directly with the ODM. NetView has scripts that add the
menus at installation and remove them at deinstallation. You can simply run
Use this procedure:
1) On the command line, type: export ODMDIR=/usr/lib/objrepos
2) cd /usr/lib/objrepos
3) Very Important - make a backup of all the sm_* files.
(sm_cmd_hdr, sm_cmd_hdr.vc, sm_cmd_opt, sm_cmd_opt, sm_cmd_opt.vc
sm_menu_opt, sm_menu_opt.vc, sm_name_hdr, sm_name_hdr.vc)
4) cd to /usr/lpp/nv6000
5) Run the script nv6000.features.obj.odmdel
6) On the command line type: odmadd nv6000.features.obj.odmadd
7) If you have installed nv6000.database.obj
(lslpp -ha nv6000.database.obj) make sure you type:
8) Bring up Smit - double entries should be gone.
At 03:43 PM 12/09/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>I installed TME 10 NetView twice in a row on an AIX system : SMIT now shows
>two entries for each item regarding NetView.
>Is there any way I could get into RODM and correct this ?
>(This is a test machine so even unsupported procedures are welcome : bad
>comes to the wors, I could scratch the whole thing down!)
Tivoli NetView for UNIX/NT L2 Support