nv-l

Re: double entries in SMIT

1999-12-09 10:29:56
Subject: Re: double entries in SMIT
From: Scott Donohoo <scott.donohoo AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:29:56 -0500
Hi Al,

No need to work directly with the ODM. NetView has scripts that add the
menus at installation and remove them at deinstallation. You can simply run
these scripts.

Use this procedure:

1) On the command line, type: export ODMDIR=/usr/lib/objrepos
2) cd /usr/lib/objrepos
3) Very Important - make a backup of all the sm_* files.
(sm_cmd_hdr, sm_cmd_hdr.vc, sm_cmd_opt, sm_cmd_opt, sm_cmd_opt.vc
sm_menu_opt, sm_menu_opt.vc, sm_name_hdr, sm_name_hdr.vc)
4) cd to /usr/lpp/nv6000
5) Run the script nv6000.features.obj.odmdel
6) On the command line type: odmadd nv6000.features.obj.odmadd
7) If you have installed nv6000.database.obj
(lslpp -ha nv6000.database.obj) make sure you type:
odmadd nv6000.database.obj.odmadd
8) Bring up Smit - double entries should be gone.

Regards,
Scott

At 03:43 PM 12/09/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I installed TME 10 NetView twice in a row on an AIX system : SMIT now shows
>two entries for each item regarding NetView.
>Is there any way I could get into RODM and correct this ?
>(This is a test machine so even unsupported procedures are welcome : bad
>comes to the wors, I could scratch the whole thing down!)
>
>Thanks
>
>Al

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli NetView for UNIX/NT L2 Support