nv-l

Polling Problems

1999-12-07 12:52:13
Subject: Polling Problems
From: "Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc AT ISMD.UPS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:52:13 -0500
I have created a "test" ruleset for paging me when a certain device is no
longer reachable on my map. After the first time netview recognizes the
device is down it send the page to me like it should but after the first
time it never seems to send me a page again nor update my dynamic workspace
event window. It almost seems like it doesn't poll this device after it
recognizes the device is down. Does anyone have an idea what the problem
might be? I assumed netview will poll all devices every 5 minutes so in my
test case I was expecting to receive several pages for this device since I
left it in a down condition. Also does anyone know the name of the file
where you can put a new ruleset you have created so that it automatically is
started when netview is started. The catch here is that in my ruleset I am
forwarding events to the event window for paging purposes when some of our
critical nodes go down. One other question--How does one add an interface to
a router object that wasn't discovered properly? Thanks again.

Dave
xoxoxoxoxoxo