nv-l

changing IP address and default gateway

1999-12-03 09:55:37
Subject: changing IP address and default gateway
From: FITZINGER Richard <richard.fitzinger AT IT-AUSTRIA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:55:37 +0100
hi!
we want to move over to a new netview server which resides in a different
subnet (new ip address, new default gateway). as we have done a lot of
customizing for our map we are now looking for a possibility to "move" it to
the new server. we have tried to copy /usr/OV/databases/openview/*  and
importing the ovsnmp.conf. (followed by "tar" and "pax", followed by
reset_ci, mapadmin -u mapname:newserver, ovmapcount -a and ovtopofix). the
problem is that netmon is not able to demand poll any node (even itself).
toggling netmon trace for ICMP and SNMP requests shows nothing but an empty
netmon.trace file. tcpdump shows that where are no outgoing snmp requests.
"snmpwalk" from the command line to any device is always successful.

any ideas on this?

(our configuration AIX 4.3.2, NV 5.1.1)

TYA, Richard
Richard Fitzinger

INFORMATIONS-TECHNOLOGIE-AUSTRIA GMBH
Netzwerk-Management

A-1020 Wien, Lassallestr.5
Telefon: (+43 1) 21717-58944
Telefax: (+43 1) 21717-58979
mailto: richard.fitzinger AT it-austria DOT com