nv-l

Re: Migration from Dec-Unix to COMPAQ Tru64 UNIX 5.0

1999-12-01 15:51:43
Subject: Re: Migration from Dec-Unix to COMPAQ Tru64 UNIX 5.0
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:51:43 -0500
Well, I don't know what will happen if  you migrate (that is, change the
operating system while leaving the installed products in place) an existing box
with NetView already installed.  But currently the Framework will not install on
COMPAQ Tru64 UNIX 5.0, or so they tell me, so NetView won't either.   Will they
run if already installed?  No one knows.

The NetView Verification unit won't even attempt to test NetView on the box
until Framework will install on it.  So there is no one who can answer your
question at this time.   I wasn't even aware that COMPAQ Tru64 UNIX 5.0 was
available in production yet, but I don't keep up on these things.  I am sorry to
say that is one of the hazards you face on what Tivoli calls a "Tier 2"
operating system.  Support is not available for them as quickly as for other
platforms.

If I hear that this has changed I will certainly post it here, but for now, you
are limited to the Version 4 of Digital UNIX, as  our documentation states.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers AT HITT DOT NL> on 12/01/99 09:31:41 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>