nv-l

Re: Proprietary MIB Traps

1999-11-30 10:08:04
Subject: Re: Proprietary MIB Traps
From: "Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc AT ISMD.UPS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:08:04 -0500
James,

Thanks for the answer. I have used the mib2trap utility. It works fine for
some of my mibs but this one particular mib it seems to have a problem with.
The mib is named fore-switch.mib and has a statement in there for IMPORTS
RFC1215.....Now when I use the mib2trap utility it creates the script file
but gives me messages about "Enterprise object id not found for trap
xxxxxx". When looking at the script file I notice a difference from the one
that works verses the one that doesn't which is -i option is being used. The
big deal is that this mib file has about 100 trap definitions so adding them
manually will take a long time. I have enclosed the script file generated by
the mib2trap and the event created by me purposely to see what the event
shows as. Can you look at this info and tell me an easy way to accomplish
getting these trap definitions defined. Thanks very much.

Dave Clay