nv-l

Re: TMR question

1999-11-29 22:20:15
Subject: Re: TMR question
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:20:15 -0500
I just took a look at the redbook web site with the search word 'tivoli'
and found
217 books. Here are some recent ones that appear, from the abstracts, to
give
some coverage to the subject of architecture. The kinds of questions you
are
asking are referred to by Tivoli folks as 'architecture'.

 An Introduction to Tivoli Enterprise, SG24-5494-00

Deploying a Tivoli Infrastructure in  Large-Scale Environments,
SG24-5210-00

 Designing Tivoli Solutions for End-to-End  Systems and Service Management,
 SG24-5104-00

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hi James:

Thanks for your response.

Is there any red book or documentation  that discuss this item in deep?

Thanks,

Sergio Cardona.

James Shanks wrote:

> It may be a simple question but it doesn't have a simple answer.
> NetView doesn't care what TMR he is in, but the rest of your Tivoli
products
> might.  There are issues with directly connected TMR's vs those that are
one or
> more hops away for things like TEC, Software Distribution, and TIPN
(because it
> uses Tivoli Inventory).  So the answer depends on your product set and
what you
> ultimately hope to do.
>
> James Shanks
> Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support
>
> Sergio Cardona F <scardona AT MAIL.VISIONTECH.COM DOT CO> on 11/22/99 11:00:17
PM

> Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView