nv-l

Re: How to dial # sign with nvpage ?

1999-11-23 09:23:08
Subject: Re: How to dial # sign with nvpage ?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:23:08 -0500
Brian -

Didn't you get an error message when you tried it, which was
     ID(s):  0959950751 (No alphanumeric pager)    ?

What this is telling you is that the code considers the "#" to be an
alphanumeric  symbol and not a strictly numeric one, while the method you have
for invoking nvpage is the direct-dial, numeric-only method.  The direct-dial
method restricts you to sending only the same characters you can use when you
dial a number (which do not include the "#" or the "*"), so off-hand I don't see
how the current code can support what you want to do.  Whether it should be that
way, I don't know, but that is clearly how the code was designed originally.

I don't know if any of the other nvpage configurations can help you out.  It
depends on what your paging service supports.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Brian Hwang <bhwang AT TW.IBM DOT COM> on 11/23/99 04:24:16 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>