nv-l

Map Customization

1999-11-19 15:18:57
Subject: Map Customization
From: "Fendrick, Gib (CC-MIS)" <Gib.Fendrick AT CONAGRA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:18:57 -0600
Hi,
I am still new to NetView, and have a related question on map structure.
Some of these questions are hard to put into words.
I'm running Netview/AIX 5.1.1.
My network has two core locations interconnected via redundant fiber.  Each
of these core locations has multiple routers, switches, etc.  One router in
each core location connects out to the WAN.   So on my 1st level IP map, I
have these two core location Icons.
Connecting to one of these core locations is a headquarters office for one
of our operating companies.
Then a plant location for that operating company, will connect to it's HQ
office, and also directly to the 'other' core location for redundancy.

Is there any way for me to build the IP maps so I can drill down from either
of the two core location IP maps on the 1st level IP map, and end up at the
plant location Icon?   Right now, as I go down one side of the core map and
I can reach the directly connected plant location Icon (in which I put the
plant router and attached networks).  But going down the other side of the
map, through the HQ office location, I can't drill down to the same plant
location icon.  I'm stuck at the HQ location.  I can't figure out how to get
the plant location connected below the HQ location with out removing it from
the other side.

Hopefully I'm missing something simple?  There must be many locations in the
world with redundant connections, is there a way to represent this logically
on the maps so you can traverse/drill down the maps going down either path?

Thanks for any direction,
Gib Fendrick
ConAgra, Inc