nv-l

Submap Display Questions

1999-11-18 12:57:01
Subject: Submap Display Questions
From: "Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc AT ISMD.UPS DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:57:01 -0500
Is there a easier way to do this.......I have one IP network which has both
Ethernet and ATM backbone networks attached. In between these backbones is a
brouter device that connects the two together. When I do the discovery I get
the IP network symbol and once I drill down I get a segment symbol with all
my nodes in it. The problem is about half of these nodes under this segment
symbol are actually on my ATM backbone network. It kind of put them all
together under the one segment symbol. Is there a way to differentiate which
nodes go under the ATM and Ethernet backbones on this IP network? The
discovery does not pick up that I have an ATM backbone with ATM switches. It
thinks the ATM switches are just computers. Also how does one get a
multiport bridge symbol to show itself in the IP network map? Thanks in
advance.

Dave Clay      UPS