nv-l

Map Customization...

1999-11-17 16:49:13
Subject: Map Customization...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:49:13 PST
Hello All.

Netview 5.1.

I have created a seedfile and I have turned off the "Discover New Nodes".
The resulting map is quite congested with hundreds of subnet icons. I want
to create several locations and place the appropriate routers and hubs in
them and delete all the subnets.

I went and tried to delete all the subnets (edit --> delete object --> from
this submap)but that left some of my routers 'disconnected' from anything
else on the map and they turned blue. Then I did a netmon -y and all the
subnets came back like before!

Surely, there must be a way to customize my map, have everything connected
and be able to do a netmon -y without all the subnets coming back? Any ideas
on this.

Thanks Gord.