nv-l

Re: Collections in Ruleset

1999-11-16 07:27:35
Subject: Re: Collections in Ruleset
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:27:35 -0500

Well, I am not sure why you did it this way, but you have given nvcorrd and
nvevents a lot of work to do.
Why set the initial node to pass when in fact you want to remove most of the
events?
Why not start off with block and the Forward only those you want to see?  By
using the negative case "Forward if not in collection" and then "resolve" you
have effectively doubled or tripled the amount of cpu necessary to do this.  But
whether that is at the root of your problem I cannot say.   The other way, with
block, forward if in collection, and finally Forward, is much neater and I have
used it many times.

To find out why your ruleset is not working will require that you issue
nvcdebug -d all   while it is running and examine the nvcorrd.alog.  You should
see the query collection being resolved as either True or False and if False,
then there will be a message as to why.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Kuffer Andreas <Andreas.Kuffer AT KUONI DOT CH> on 11/16/99 06:33:26 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>