nv-l

AW: Problem with netmon

1999-11-16 06:30:52
Subject: AW: Problem with netmon
From: Stefan.Beck AT HVBINFO DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:30:52 +0100
If you __use__ dynamic name resolution then should check out the following:

First of all check your resolver configuration. If it is ok, then try:

- start netmon and check (via tcpdump) if it starts pinging after being
started.
Normally you should see the first pings within seconds.
If this is not the case then:

- stop netmon, turn off dynamic name resolution temporary and try the above
again.

If it turns out that name resolution is the problem,
then you should debug (e.g. with tcpdump) all the name lookups (and
esopecially their reverse lookups) for all your nodes in the objectdatabase
and in the seedfile.
Look for "no reponse from server" (timeouts) and things like that.

regards
Stefan Beck