nv-l

Problem with netmon

1999-11-16 05:34:31
Subject: Problem with netmon
From: Rainer Daufenbach <Rainer.Daufenbach AT KSK-SIEGBURG DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:34:31 +0100
Hello all,

I have a problem with netmon and NetView 5.1.1. The following errors occurs:

Every time when i start netmon with smit or command line, i can do some Demand
Poll
on various Devices like Router or Hub.
After two or three minutes, when i make another Demand Poll on the Devices there
is
no response from them with the function Demand Poll.
But the same Devices answers me on a Ping.

And after 15 or 20 minutes i get the following Events in NetView:
- netmon reached maximum number of outstanding events, disconnecting from trapd
- netmon probably died, ungracefully disconnected from trapd

I check the File Space and Paging Space, but there is enough.
I do the function of smit "Resolve database inconsistencies", but the error is
still the same.
Please help me.

Thank you in advance
R.Daufenbach