nv-l

Re: Modem Configuration For Paging

1999-11-15 17:09:38
Subject: Re: Modem Configuration For Paging
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:09:38 -0500
First, check /usr/OV/log/nvpagerd.alog and errlog for error messages.  That
number 8008797632 should have a "1" in front of it, shouldn't it?   If you see
no error messages, then check that  nvpagerd is still running.   Do you have the
right tty specified in nvpager.conf?

You can trace what the pager does by adding -d in the ovsuf file.  You can do
that more permanently by editting the lrf file and using ovdelobj and then
ovaddobj, or by using the Framework configuration menu.  You can even ovstop
nvpagerd, and run him in a separate window with just  " /usr/OV/bin/nvpagerd -d"
and issue your pages in another window.  The logs will still fill with trace
messages.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc AT ISMD.UPS DOT COM> on 11/15/99 04:14:53 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>