nv-l

AW: NT machines with SNMP

1999-11-15 11:57:27
Subject: AW: NT machines with SNMP
From: Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger AT ERSTEBANK DOT AT>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:57:27 +0100
Zoltan,

you might want to check out the agent configurations.

Can be a variety of things like e.g.
- wrong community string on your side (check ovsnmp.conf), or
- your NetView machine not being allowed to "snmp-access" the NT-machine, or
- SNMP-service not even running on the NT-box...

Compare the SNMP-setup of one box which is OK with one of the troublemakers.
Are the really identical?
What does snmpget from the command line tell you?

HTH, Ralph.
iT-AUSTRIA / OE2100 / WPNM
Tel  (mobil)  0664 1908469
Tel  (iT-A)    21717 58948
FAX (iT-A)    21717 58979
Mailto:Ralph.Schiffinger AT erstebank DOT at