nv-l

Re: Managed Objects in NV

1999-11-12 20:54:02
Subject: Re: Managed Objects in NV
From: Mark Sklenarik <markskl AT ibm DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:54:02 -0500
To answer your first question, not directly.  NetView needs an IP address
and SNMP to query data.  You may be able to fine a 3rd party application
that integrates with NetView to monitor the OSI stack, or you could do it
through a proxy agent that will translate the OSI data in SNMP mib values.
 But I am afraid I have no knowledge of such an application.

Question two, there is a more current maintenance 5.1.2. Being in Tivoli
verification the latest maintenance is always better than the last, but are
there things that need attention, the answer is always yes.

The AIX is an Enterprise version, there are no designed limitation, it
comes down to a practical limitation of with x memory how many objects can
you manage.  See the Installation documentation for guidelines.   The NT
version depends on what version you have, the Enterprise version is not
limited, but again it's a memory, cpu, and manage-ability issue.  Hope this
help.  For the UNIX version the Install guide has some very good
information.

Mark Sklenarik
Tivoli Product Integrity NetView