nv-l

Re: nvUtil How can I add to existing collection?

1999-11-10 10:49:17
Subject: Re: nvUtil How can I add to existing collection?
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny AT DALLAS DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:49:17 -0600
Jeff;

There is no way that I know of to add to the rule.
When you modify, you have to include the old parts as well as the new parts.

What I would do is write a script that does the following
1.  Maintains a text file with the rule that you want, adding to it.
2.  Executing the command within the script that appends that text file on
the command line with the proper syntax.

your text file might look something like this:

    ((('IP Hostname' = 'router1.company.com') || \
      ('IP Hostname' = 'router2.comapny.com') || \
      ('IP Hostname' = 'router3.company.com')
     ))

When you wanted to add router4, you would append the || \ to the second to
last line, and insert your router4 line between it and the last line.

Of course, if you want to skip the script, you can always cut and paste the
contents of the text file into your command line.

Good luck!

Art DeBuigny
Bank of America Network Operations
debuigny AT dallas DOT net