nv-l

Re: NETMON and Statis Routes

1999-11-09 21:49:53
Subject: Re: NETMON and Statis Routes
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:49:53 -0500
I see it occasionally and I suspect it is a network thing (of course,
since that's thats the part I understand least). Anyway, you might look
into the setting of ignoreredirects (something like that) on the 'no'
command. The default is 0, or off. When I see all kinds of junk
showing up  in the output of 'netstat -r', I set ignoreredirects to yes
and do an xnmsnmpconf -clearCache, and then it stays nice and
clean.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Running Netview  Version 5.1.2, on AIX 4.3
Everytime I start  netmon, my static routing table gets
overwritten....entries that work are replaced with entries that don't work!
.... is this some new feature/bug in 5.1.2, or am I missing something
fundamental here? Anyone else have this problem?
thanks
Howard Allison
Softcom Consulting
Vienna, Austria