nv-l

Re: Using seed file

1999-11-08 14:26:10
Subject: Re: Using seed file
From: Sean Aaron <sean.aaron AT UCOP DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:26:10 -0800
"Nochta, Zoltan" wrote:

> Hi All!
> I have the problem with NV 5.1 for NT, that after editing and enabling the
> netmon.seed file, all network components are still shown in the maps. Any
> ideas?
>
>                         Thanks, Zoltan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to make the changes you
want first, then ovtopofix and then the seed file should prevent the
stuff from being discovered again.  I think that once netview knows
about something it just knows about it.  The seed file won't delete
existing stuff in the database.

--
Sean Aaron
UNIX System Administrator