nv-l

Re: events in control desk

1999-11-04 09:24:01
Subject: Re: events in control desk
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:24:01 -0500
You can do this with the Save Environment feature.
1. Copy /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents to your home directory.
2. Create your rulesets and open your windows using them.  Then on the main one,
pull down the Options menu and set "Save Enviroment".  Then close the main
window (and the other will close too).  This will create an Nvenvironment
subdirectory in your home directory with a Workspaces file in it.
3.  Now edit the Nvevents file you put in your home directory and make it say
     nvevents.LoadEnvOnInit :     True
4. The next time you start the events application you should get all your
windows re-opened.  If you are using the CDE, then you may have to issue
     xrdb -merge  $HOME/Nvevents
first

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Oren Halevi <or123alx AT INET-ZAHAV.NET.tivoli DOT com> on 11/04/99 08:22:06 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>