nv-l

Re: Netview Service Point Installation...

1999-11-03 16:47:06
Subject: Re: Netview Service Point Installation...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:47:06 -0500
The comments are intended for people who are writing Service Point
applications. You are just using them (spappld), so you are all set.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hello All.

I am about to install Netview Service Point on the following system:

AIX 4.2.1
Framework 3.6.1
Netview 5.1.1
eCommunications Server 5

Here are the steps I am going to follow:

1. Install NVSP V1.2.2
2. Install the patch U459153 for NVSP
3. Configure appropriately.

My question is this:

Once I install the PTF I have been reading the following (from doc that
came
with PTF):

"All Service Point applications will need to be recompilied to take
advantage of these enhancements by first copying in the new API libraires
(/usr/lpp/nvix/lib) and then the 3 changed include files into the
application and then recompiling;
/usr/lpp/nvix/include/evp_nvix.h
/usr/lpp/nvix/include/evp_nvixIf.h
/usr/lpp/nvix/include/evp_nvixSpSess.h
Hence, after applying this maintenance ptf you will also need to install
the
very latest maintenance for the product or application. The netview/6000
product has been recompiled and will be taking advantage of these changes.
If the product or application has not been recompiled then it should work
as
before."

Q's:

1. Copying in the API libraires from where??
2. Is is just the .h files that I need to recompile??
3. I take it I will need a C Compiler to do the recompile??
4. I am still unclear what has to be done with the Netview application
after
the PTF is applied. Do I have to recompile this also, i.e. the last 2
sentences.

If anyone has any experience with applying this PTF, any enlightenment
would
be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.