nv-l

Re: Backup Strategy...

1999-11-03 11:56:17
Subject: Re: Backup Strategy...
From: Lailaa Fraser <lizelf AT FOSCHINI.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:56:17 +0000
Hi Gord,

We have our Netview server that runs a few different applications as well.
The best thing for us was to seperate each of these applications to their own
volume groups i.e. we ended up with:
rootvg
netmanvg
arsvg

We do a monthly mksysb of the system (backups up rootvg), since the OS barely
changes.
Then we use an application called "Legato NetWorker" that backs up all the
data files
e.g. incremental backups during the week and a full system backup once over
the weekend.  The application simplifies the way we schedule our backups,
since we can change the schedule to whatever time(s) suites us best.

Hope this helps :)

Kind regards.