nv-l

Re: regarding loadmib.exe and loadmibv2 application

1999-10-28 13:44:11
Subject: Re: regarding loadmib.exe and loadmibv2 application
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:44:11 -0400
The V1 browser is the standard and the default one.  What you load in here is
what is used by trapd and snmpCollect.  They don't know about the V2 browser,
which is provided largely as an auxiliary tool, and the level of MIBs it will
support is less than what V2 allows today (it was written to the draft standard
not the final one which was adopted much later).  loadmib.exe builds the V1
browser stuff, and loadmib2.exe the V2 stuff, so you should primarily be
concerned about loadmib.exe.

Work is being done to improve the V2 loader browser and some time in the future
it may well become the standard one NetView uses, but right now that is not the
case.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sharma, Sanjeev" <Sanjeev.Sharma AT USA.XEROX DOT COM> on 10/28/99 11:55:57 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>