nv-l

Re: disable "netmon is not running..."-Dialog

1999-10-27 07:56:06
Subject: Re: disable "netmon is not running..."-Dialog
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:56:06 -0400
Your operators should be logged off during this procedure!    You should not be
running ovmapcount or ovtopofix with a GUI open in the first place.   You need
to close them, especially the read-write map, and restart them AFTER the
procedure so that ipmap will synchronize the maps with what's in the topology
database.   Even if you leave the read-only maps open, their statuses may not be
correct until the read-write one synchronizes.

And the answer is "No, you cannot disable the warning"  It is there precisely
because people need to be warned that the  status they are viewing is incorrect
and cannot be relied upon.

You really need to establish a different procedure.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Stefan.Beck AT HVBINFO DOT COM on 10/27/99 03:56:25 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>