nv-l

Re: labels on symbols after discovery...

1999-10-25 22:18:30
Subject: Re: labels on symbols after discovery...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:18:30 -0400
Probably the only thing missing here is patience. It will find it on the
next configuration poll. That said, you might want to make sure that
the address you discovered it by is the address you put in the hosts
file. And if you just can't stand it, a demandpoll will take care of it.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hello All.

I added a node (it's IP address) to my seedfile today. Then I added the
appropriate entry to my /etc/hosts file for name resolution. Then I did a
"netmon -y". The object gets discovered no problem BUT the label on the
symbol is the IP address and not the name which I placed in the /etc/hosts
file.

It was my understanding that if name resolution has been set up for a
device
(either /etc/hosts or DNS) then when Netview discovers the node then it
will
automatically use the hostname (instead of the IP address) for the symbol
label ?? Is this the way it should work ??

Can anyone provide any insight on this??

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.