nv-l

Re: MIB application builder

1999-10-22 09:52:03
Subject: Re: MIB application builder
From: Kuffer Andreas <Andreas.Kuffer AT KUONI DOT CH>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:52:03 +0200
I managed to make the symbol (it is a Cisco 7500) executable for a
predefined application, e.g. Graphic Print Tool : printtool. So my problem
is not related to a general "symbol can't be made executable"-problem.

Playing around with the registration files at /usr/OV/registration/C I also
managed to add my MIB application "table" and put the Cisco7500 in the
executable state. Therefore I copied the printtool-registration file,
modified it with the definitions made in the "table"-application and gave
the symbol this application to execute.

Anyway, there are still some open questions:

How can I forward the name of the symbol to the application? Within the
registration usually you'd use $OVwSelections. But this seems to work only
if you select the application from the main menu. Any ideas?Anybody who
already went through this?

With kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Andreas Kuffer

Kuoni Travel Ltd.
Neue Hard 7
CH-8010 Zuerich