nv-l

Re: MIB application builder

1999-10-21 23:15:21
Subject: Re: MIB application builder
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:15:21 -0400

What action did you select when you made the symbol executable? And what
kind of device is it?  I don't see the connection between the MIB appl and the
symbol being executable. If you make a node executable (to launch some
device view product, for example), you will still be able to launch the mib appl
for the selected node. Sounds like you are just having trouble making the node
executable...?

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Running NetView 5.1.1 with AIX 4.3.2. I successfully added a MIB application
SNMP named table1 doing a query of some standard MIB-variables.
Selection rule is (isSNMPSupported)¦¦(isSNMPProxied). Selecting a SNMP
device I can start the application from the Monitor menu. Now I change the
behavior of the device from exploding to execution (via
edit...modify/describe...symbol) of my application table1. I do get the
error message: Unable to set the symbol behavior to executable. Action and
target object(s) are not compatible.

It seems that there are different selection rules for execution. Can I
adjust them? How, Where?

Any hints, suggestions are more than welcome...Andreas

With kind regards / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Andreas Kuffer

Kuoni Travel Ltd.
Neue Hard 7
CH-8010 Zuerich