nv-l

Re: browser cache settings when using CiscoView

1999-10-18 00:36:51
Subject: Re: browser cache settings when using CiscoView
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 00:36:51 -0400
Well, it just goes to show you that Sherlock Holmes was right about 'whatever
remains, however improbable, must be the truth'. It was behaving as if it were
short of resources, and more resources fixed it. I usually set the latest
Netscape
to 30MB memory and 50MG disk which I thought  would be enough for anything.
 I upped it to 100MB for disk, made sure there was real disk behind that cache,
and it is working fine.  CiscoView is on there so I think the number of extra
images
must come into play.

The IE 5.0 box is still not working, but we checked it from another PC with IE
4.0
and plenty of cpu and memory, and that is working fine. So I'm checking it off
as working.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Actually you might want to try Intel first.  Netscape is not fixing their UNIX
code as fast as their Windows code because of where the market is.  Windows
enhancements offer more bang for the buck.   You may want to try newer versions
too.  I solved my web browser problems by moving to Netscape 4.5.1 for AIX and
4.7 for NT.   Java is a moving traget.
You can download these newer versions from Netscape for free.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

---------------------- Forwarded by James Shanks/Tivoli Systems on 10/15/99

Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 10/15/99 08:52:27 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>