nv-l

Re: Recieving NT traps on my NV6K

1999-10-14 11:02:33
Subject: Re: Recieving NT traps on my NV6K
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:02:33 -0400
Please clarify.  What kind of traps from what enterprise are you trying to send?
Are they from NT itself or ?

Typically you have to have an agent on the NT box which has the capability of
sending traps and you must configure that agent in some way (a GUI tool or a
file) and tell him where to send the traps.

If what you mean is that you have some enterprise already sending traps to
NetView for NT, and you want those sent on to your UNIX box, you can do that
with the trapfrwd daemon.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

oren <orenm AT ns.tadiran DOT com> on 10/14/99 10:25:37 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>