nv-l

Re: ÁÐ: RE : New Information : Intergration of Transcend NCS 5.1 + NV 5.2 > + AIX 4.3.2 : Can anybod confirm ???

1999-10-12 02:45:09
Subject: Re: ÁÐ: RE : New Information : Intergration of Transcend NCS 5.1 + NV 5.2 > + AIX 4.3.2 : Can anybod confirm ???
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb AT DEBIS DOT DE>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:45:09 +0200
Natasa,

we are running NV 5.1.1 with StrataView+ 9.1.07 (SV+) on AIX 4.2.1 which should
be similar as
running on 4.3.2. We had some problems at installation (group conflict with
system group "shutdown")
and other stuff but finally we got it. As there are still some problems with
status propagation of
SV-objects we are awaiting SV 9.1.09 where this should be solved (the
maintenance release is already
shipped - may be today or tomorrow we'll have it).

Hope this helps__rgds__Stephan

Vassila Natassa schrieb:

> Unofficially, I have been told that NetView 6.0 will be
> ready at about the end of this year, or in early y2k.
>
> And a question:
> Has anyone attempted to install StataView+ v9.1.07 over
> AIX4.3.2 and NV5.1.1???????
>
> Cheers,
> Natasa
>
> "Rozi-ai_Abdul_Rahman/MESINIAGA%MBEXT"@MESINIAGA.COM.MY on 10/07/99 04:21:21
> AM
>
> Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
> NetView
>       <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
>
> To:   NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
> cc:    (bcc: Mark Sklenarik/Tivoli Systems)
> Subject:  RE : New Information : Intergration of Transcend NCS 5.1 + NV 5.2
>       > + AIX 4.3.2 : Can anybod confirm ???
>
> Hello James and other forum readers. Based on James reply there is no
> NetView V
> 5.2 . However based on the previous discussion NetView 6 is in development
> (and
> actually is NetView 5.2)
>
> Am I right that there is no NetView 5.2 in development and the next TME 10
> NetView level will be NetView 6.
>
> Anybody knows when will this be out. ???
>
> I need this info because 3Com claimed that TME 10 NetView 5.2 is in
> development
> and about to be released.
>
> Thanks
> Ai
>
> > Date:    Wed, 6 Oct 1999 07:41:33 -0400
> > From:    James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
> > Subject: Re: New Information : Intergration of Transcend NCS 5.1 + NV 5.2
> > +
> AIX         4.3.2 :
> Can anybod confirm ???
>
> > I cannot tell you about Transcend.
>
> > But there is no NetView 5.2.  There is a new maintenance release, a big >
> >
> patch if
> > you will, called 5.1.2, which is available from the usual channels (you >
> >
> order it
> > just like the product itself), and it contains all maintenance for > > >
> >
> NetView 5.1
> > released to date.
>
> > James Shanks
> > Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support
>
> > "Rozi-ai_Abdul_Rahman/MESINIAGA%MBEXT"@MESINIAGA.COM.MY on 10/06/99 > > >
> >
> 06:14:35 AM
>
> > Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on  > >
> NetView
>       <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
>
> > To:   NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
> > cc:    (bcc: James Shanks/Tivoli Systems)
> > Subject:  New Information : Intergration of Transcend NCS 5.1 + NV 5.2 +
>       AIX 4.3.2 : Can anybod confirm ???
>
> > Hello forum readers, I need confirmation from any of you in regards to > >
> this :
>
> > I heard from somebody that 3Com said the  Transcend NCS 5.1 will be out >
> > in
> Q4
> > and will intergrate
> [...]

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971
Fax : +49 (711)-17-49663
email: sschwalb AT dbmail.debis DOT de  or sschwalb AT debis DOT de
  Services by Daimler Chrysler