nv-l

Re: Saving Events report

1999-10-05 13:51:35
Subject: Re: Saving Events report
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:51:35 -0400
I know of no way to schedule saving of the Event Browser window, that is a
GUI-only function.
You can get something similar by re-configuring the trapd daemon using Server
Setup to enable the trapd.log. by setting "Log Events and Traps".

I don't know what you mean by saving a custom filter from the command line.
Technically there is no way to create a custom filter except from the GUI, and
that is how you save it.  But as a customer filter is just a file in
\usr\ov\filters, you could create a similar filter and then copy that file and
edit it

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Fenol Saintus <fsaintus AT STELCO DOT CA> on 10/05/99 11:02:18 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>