nv-l

Re: delete an object

1999-10-05 09:51:21
Subject: Re: delete an object
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:51:21 -0400
Please explain what you did to add this object and what you did to try to delete
it.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

MARKUS.KLENK AT LHSYSTEMS DOT COM on 10/05/99 08:11:48 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>

To:   NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU
Subject:  delete an object

Hi all,

is there a way to delete an object from the NetView "internal Database"  (
not Oracle) . We would not use the clean Database-Function from the smit
panel.

The Problem we have is that we had added on object with the wrong name and
then we delete it.
In the /etc/hosts and in the seed-file is the new name and IP-Adress.
But still in the NetView "internal Database" is the deleted object with the
wrong name. So we can not added the same object with an different name.

Thanks in advance
M. Klenk