nv-l

Re: Icons retaining event colour after event cleared

1999-10-05 09:42:41
Subject: Re: Icons retaining event colour after event cleared
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:42:41 -0400

I couldn't be more puzzled by this query.

Removing or clearing events from the event display does not alter the status on
the map at all.  The map icons stay the color they were set by ipmap when netmon
first sent the trap.  You cannot acknowledge things on the map by doing anything
in the events window (unless some has written some very sophisticated user code
in your shop).    So I am not at all clear about what you are asking.

Are you asking that ipmap NOT change things back to green/up even after netmon
has determined that they are?
Sorry but that is an impossibility in current code.   That would require a
design change so huge, I shudder to think about it
You may, of course, make your feelings known about why you want such a change,
and what benefit it would be, by sending a note to netview AT tivoli DOT com.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Long <michael_long AT CLEAR.NET DOT NZ> on 10/04/99 07:26:35 PM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>