nv-l

using a script in a ruleset.

1999-10-04 14:53:32
Subject: using a script in a ruleset.
From: Sean Aaron <sean.aaron AT UCOP DOT EDU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:53:32 -0700
I'm trying to build a grand overarching ruleset that checks for a node
down trap and if it gets two in a 10 minute period executes a script
that sends mail to a pager alias for the group responsible for the
machine.  I've done everything up to the threshold; my question is "what
kind of output will be passed on to the action node (i.e. will there be
a $1, $2, etc. with $1 being selection name and $2 status?) so I can
write my script with a case statement of actions to take depending on
the selection name being this or that?"

The manual only states that the variables are preserved, but if the
variables exist in the ruleset, how would my shell script know what they
are?

--
Sean Aaron
UNIX System Administrator